Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Le Nozze di Figaro

Last week, I took my two oldest children to the Honolulu Opera Theater. We saw Le Nozze di Figaro by Mozart. We had never been to the opera before and it was a wonderful experience for us. I wanted to take them to this particular opera because we will be studying Mozart in Music History this year.
The kids enjoyed getting dressed up from head to foot. It was the first time my daughter wore heels(small ones but they were still heels). Her father was a little frightened but I am happy to report she did survive.
Once we arrived at the opera it was packed full of people. We were running a little late, so we rushed to our seats and sat down. A few minutes later, the lights dimmed and the music began to play.
The orchestra began playing and their beautiful music filled the room. Some of the music was so moving it touched your soul. It was a great time and I am looking forward to taking them again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails