Besides deep down cleaning here are some things we've checked off the to do list so far...
1. Every room in the house had to be painted. We had walls that were black, flouresent green and blue, bright yellow and blue, and other walls that just needed a fresh coat. Not only were the walls these wild colors but we had ceilings that were yellow, black and red(which I will say was not fun to cover). So we've painted every room, ceiling, and trim/doors.
2. All of the carpeting had to be replaced. Not only did it smell in some rooms but in other areas it looked like it had been chewed or scratched down to the padding. It was also missing a big piece in the family room. In the bedrooms we installed carpet. Master bath we installed new flooring too because it was carpeted. In the family room we installed laminate flooring. We have intentions to replace the kitchen/dining/foyer and the hall bath floor in time.
3. We replaced/updated little odds and ends such as towel racks, tp holders, faucets, etc.
4. Appliances- refrigerator, washer, dryer, and garbage disposal.
5. Almost all of the lighting was missing in the house. The only lights that existed were in the kitchen, laundry room, bathrooms, and the hallways. We have installed ceiling fan/lights in all of the bedrooms , a new chandelier in the dining area, and...our newest addition... the foyer light. This is the light that was in the foyer.
I have a question for you though...
Do you think the light looks to big for the space?