Friday, October 10, 2008

Life through Ethan's eyes

My third child, Ethan is always keeping me on my toes. He is so curious about everything. I have to admit sometimes I just think to myself "Can you just sit still for 5 minutes and not get into anything!" Then I really began to watch him because I was wondering-"What is he thinking?" Now I can see and appreciate life through his eyes. I am dedicating this to all of the mom's out there who have or once had active little one's.....sit back, watch and enjoy them.
  1. As we were walking through the woods one day, not one of us realized the musical path we were on. He started to dance on the fallen leaves.
  2. I am cleaning off the lanai one day with the hose and as usual just trying to quickly get it done. Then Ethan grabbed the hose and turns it into a game with our dog, Roxy. She was chasing the water and he was laughing so hard. A chore I was trying to quickly get done turned into an hour of watching him have a blast.
  3. Everyday we walk past the beautiful hibiscus bushes in our front yard. Everyday Ethan takes a moment to stop and smell these beautiful flowers.
  4. The pantry is one of his favorite places to explore. One day he pulls out a whole container of oats, somehow opens it up, and dumps the whole thing on the floor. My first thought is "What a mess, get the broom!". Then he looks up at me with those big eyes and smile and starts to dance on them. Next thing you know, my husband and I are grabbing the camera. I have to say I never knew so many things could make music.
  5. The dog's water bowl is absoulutley facinating through Ethan's eyes. Everyday he dumps it out at least two times. He will take whatever he has in his hands and play in the water. Then before you know it, he picks up the bowl and dumps it. Next, he will splish and splash in the puddle. Don't cry over spilled water.....PLAY IN IT!!
  6. Our bathtub kept getting clogged. My husband and I couldn't figure out what was going on. Then one night...Mystery solved! To give you an idea of our routine, usually I begin to run the bath water so it warms up before I put in the plug. While the water is running I usually grab a diaper, pj's, and a towel. On this night I had grabbed everything ahead of time. As I wait for the water to warm up I was watching him. So, he ran into his room and grabbed a toy. I said," Oh you want to take the fireman in the tub with you." He looked at me and smiled and then threw the fireman down the drain. "Bye, Bye." I am guessing he wants to figure out how many things fit into that hole.
  7. Rainbows and the Moon- Every evening we take our dogs for a walk. You see here in Hawaii you see rainbows just about everyday. Many times we just keep walking, but he always points them out to me and says "OOOHHH". The moon is the same thing...he always points it out to me. He just finds them facinating. He always seems to get me to slow down and enjoy the simple pleasures in life.

Like I said he keeps me on my toes but after watching him and just enjoying these moments, it makes all of those hair pulling moments turn into precious memories.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails