Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Past Few Weeks

The past few weeks have been pretty busy around our house. I realized yesterday I hadn't blogged in a while. I thought I would catch up a little.....
Well, spring sports are in full swing at our house. I have been working on getting some field trips scheduled for our homeschool group. Also with our homeschool group, one of the other moms and myself have decided to put together a P.E. co-op. As homeschoolers, sometimes our kids miss out on playground/p.e. games because you don't always have enough people to play. I have found some great ideas at this website and I am pumped to get started. We are also going to be signing up for the Presidential Fitness Challenge. Did you know as a homeschool you are eligible to enter the challenge? What a great way to get kids active.
In History, Sweet girl finished up her Anthropology study and is now beginning a Sociology study. She has been writing so much and just enjoying herself. Silly guy is still studying Grasslands in history. He has learned about what grasslands are and why they are so important to us, the Ukraine(The Breadbasket of Europe) and is currently learning about Kenya. He has found interesting the different governments in these countries and has been expressing his opinions and thoughts about the differences.

The kids have been working very hard at keeping up with science projects. Luckily this year(I think), I went all out and bought all of the recommended supplies from Home Science Tools. Oh yes, I bought all of the bells and whistles. Both kids have had an experiment just about everyday. In one hand, it has been a little exhausting for mom but the kids are really able to experience science this way.
Sweet girl is still learning all about space. This project was to chart the phases of the moon.

Silly guy is still learning about machines in science. This experiment was to show him how a screw is a wedge.

I didn't understand this experiment at all, but good thing Sweet girl did. I guess that is what is important. I told her to get the teacher guide, so I could see if we were doing it right. She got all of the answers correct and completely understood the concept. Sometimes I feel like...Good thing I am not in the 7th grade,lol :)
More machine experiments for Silly guy. This one he was observing how an inclined plane reduces work for us and how it can be used as a tool.
After all of those science experiments we found a little time to relax on our favorite beach last weekend. In my opinion it is one of the most beautiful beaches on our island. I can just stare at the beautiful blues and greens of the ocean all day. Absolutely fabulous!

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to cut my hair. I told the stylist I needed something different and I love how it turned out. Every time I looked in the mirror I was feeling run down. After this hair cut I gave the stylist a hug and told her ,"Thank you. I feel pretty again."

1 comment:

Jess said...

I always love to see what you guys are doing. It always looks like so much fun. I think your hair looks great. I have been feeling the same way. I keep telling Jason I need a change.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails