Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I wanted to write Happy Thanksgiving wishes a few days ago but my internet was down.  It was frustrating trying to figure it out with the operator.  I decided to wait and we'd figure it out after the holiday and it somehow fixed itself(for now).
Anywho, we had a wonderful time celebrating turkey day:  watching and playing football,  phone calls from family, cooking, baking, putting up our Christmas tree, just relaxing and enjoying time together. I was  thankful to have Sweet Girl help me in the kitchen this year.  She was totally grossed out by the turkey prep but we had some laughs and created some memories together;) 
We were a little afraid for the turkey.  My oven has had a mind of it's own lately.  Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it burns, sometimes food is undercooked ,yup a mind of it's own. At first I thought it was because we are living at high altitude now but it just seems too inconsistant.   I have to add that to my to do list"call the repairman".  Good news for Thanksgiving though it all worked out.  The bird made it and was yummy:)
I am most thankful for...
  • a wonderful husband to share my life and love with
  • three beautiful blessings who fill my heart with love and joy
  • family and friends who are always in my heart and thoughts
  • our two puppy dogs whom we love so much
  • a house to call home
  • my husband being on shore duty
  • spending quality time together
  • homeschooling our children
  • growing and learning everyday
  • all things warm...slippers, socks, sweaters, blankets, gloves, scarves, hats, etc.
  • a pantry full of food
  • having someone to laugh with
  • memories and creating new ones
  • finding beauty in the little things
Wishes of Thanksgiving and many blessings from our family to yours!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails