Saturday, August 7, 2010

Travel Games- Find It!

While walking through Target's game aisle I found this idea.  The game is called "Find It!"
I thought it looked like something that would be easy to make at home.  I went around the house collecting little things from junk drawers and toyboxes.  Then dyed some rice the fill theplastic bottle with.


Once the rice was dry, using a funnel I put the rice and items into a plastic bottle. 

I made a list of everything that is inside the bottle so the kids know what they are looking for.  The object of the game is to find all of the items by turning and shaking the bottle.

Items I put inside:
  • A tire from a Matchbox car.  I dug into my son's bin of cars and found a few stray tires.
  • A foam letter "E"
  • A BB- found on the park
  • A foam letter "S"
  • Rubber band
  • Lego
  • Long green bead
  • Penny
  • Dime
  • A little leaf-from a broken pair of jewelry
  • A ice cream cone-from my daughter's Littlest Pet Shop collection
  • A cup-from my daughter's Littlest Pet Shop collection
  • A foam caterpillar
  • Yellow Pony bead
  • A small fish-from the bottom of the toy box
  • A daggar- from the Playmobil box
  • A pebble
  • Jack
  • Piece of string
  • Small cork
  • Rope toy-from my daughter's Littlest Pet Shop collection
  • Purple heart bead
  • Blue flower-small flower from the craft store.
  • Green Pony bead
  • A small eraser
  • Paperclip
  • Sea Shell
  • Marble
  • Screw- I found a plastic one.
  • A small dinosaur

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails