Saturday, April 17, 2010

Makapu'u Lighthouse Hike


We decided to go hike the Makapu'u Lighthouse Trail when Grandmom was here.  We have been to the lookout many times but have never hiked the trail.  The trail was full of a different kind of beauty.  It almost looks like a desert;  rocks, dirt, dry brush, and interesting cactus. 

When you reach the top:  on the left the lighthouse is revealed against the beautiful ocean background and on the right an overlook of Windward Oahu.  In the distance we  see the Humpback whales dancing in the water.  We think it was a mama and her baby but it was hard to tell.  I really need a zoom lens on my camera but I did get a couple of shots.  If you look closely, the second picture you can make out a tail.  Whenever I am blessed with the chance to see these majestic animals I become filled with a sense of peace. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails