Sunday, November 15, 2009

12 Years Old

My Sweet girl turned 12 years old last week. I can't believe how fast time goes by. She is such a strong, big hearted young lady. She has a spirit that is inspiring and I am so proud of the person she is becoming.
I was young(20), but so ready to be her mommy. When she was born I held her for the first two weeks of her life. I couldn't put her down. Holding her felt so right and I knew my purpose. This was the start of my motherhood journey.
Every year on her birthday, I read her a letter I wrote when I was pregnant.

October 16, 1997
Dear Baby,
Hello my sweet baby, this is your mommy. I am writing you this letter to let you know how excited we are about your arrival. Your daddy and I both love you so much. I can't wait until you are here and I can hold you in my arms. I can't wait until I can tell you how much I love you! Right now you are growing inside of me and it is a wonderful feeling. I love it when you move around and sometimes I can see your precious little foot pop out. I must admit I will miss those little kicks and movements. But then I'll be able to hold and rock you, sing to you, and tell you how much I love you. I am so excited to look into your eyes and see your daddy and myself.
I wanted to let you know I will try my best to be an example, to teach you, and to raise you the best that I can. I will be honest and try to be fair. But no matter what I will always love you!
Love,
Your Mommy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails