Italian Sausage with Penne Pasta and Herb Butter
by: The Mama
- 1 cup butter, softened (you will only use about 1/2 in the pasta but I used the left over for garlic bread)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano( I eye balled it but I would say this is about how much I used)
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 1 package of penne pasta
- 1 package(16 oz) of Italian ground sausage
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a bowl, combine the butter, oregano, garlic and pepper; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to the package.
- Meanwhile in a skillet, cook and crumble sausage until it is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- Drain pasta and transfer it to a large bowl. Add the sausage and 1/2 of the herb butter; stir gently.
- Add 2/3 of the tomatoes and cheese; toss.
- Top with remaining tomatoes and cheese. Top with a little more herb butter if desired. Serve immediately.
- The remaining of the herb butter can be used to spread on bread.