Sunday, November 15, 2009

Italian Sausage with Penne Pasta and Herb Butter

I am really enjoying my new kitchen and it has inspired me. I just want to be in that room! Anywho, here is a recipe I whipped up last night and it was delicious. I will warn you, not a diet food but it is okay to cheat every once in a while, right?

Italian Sausage with Penne Pasta and Herb Butter
by: The Mama
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butter, softened (you will only use about 1/2 in the pasta but I used the left over for garlic bread)
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano( I eye balled it but I would say this is about how much I used)
  • 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp. coarse ground pepper
  • 1 package of penne pasta
  • 1 package(16 oz) of Italian ground sausage
  • 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
  • 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
  1. In a bowl, combine the butter, oregano, garlic and pepper; set aside.
  2. Cook pasta according to the package.
  3. Meanwhile in a skillet, cook and crumble sausage until it is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
  4. Drain pasta and transfer it to a large bowl. Add the sausage and 1/2 of the herb butter; stir gently.
  5. Add 2/3 of the tomatoes and cheese; toss.
  6. Top with remaining tomatoes and cheese. Top with a little more herb butter if desired. Serve immediately.
  7. The remaining of the herb butter can be used to spread on bread.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails