Italian Chicken Ciabatta Sandwich
by: The Mama
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast(about 1 lb)
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Italian Panko breadcrumbs (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 small onion
- 1 red and green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Ciabatta rolls
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl.
- Mix together, on a dish, Italian Panko breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg and breadcrumbs, coating chicken completely.
- Place chicken on a greased baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Top each breast with spaghetti sauce and cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile saute onion, red and green pepper in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook until tender.
- Fill Ciabatta rolls with chicken and top with sauteed vegetables. Enjoy!