Tuesday, December 1, 2009

O Christmas Tree

Putting up the Christmas tree is always so exciting for the family. Since we have lived in Hawaii, we have made it tradition to set up the tree on Thanksgiving. The children get so excited to pull out their ornaments from Christmas past. They bring back memories and fill the soul with joy. Every year on Christmas Eve my husband and I give the children their new ornament and their Christmas pj's. They look forward to opening them up and I think it helps them to fall asleep.
I thought I would share some of our first ornaments.
This ornament is my first Christmas ornament. It was made by my dear aunt.

This Santa ornament is not a first, but I can remember when I got it. I was
about 7 yrs old. I can remember we were at the Baltimore Inner Harbour.
I also remember being afraid that I was going to fall in or drop
my ornament in the water. Isn't that funny!
My mother must have given me a warning to stay away from the
water.
Our first Christmas together, 1995

Little Man's first Christmas ornament. Nope, that is not my baby's picture.
This will be his third Christmas and I have made it a personal
goal to put his picture in there-he he.


Sweet girl's 1st Christmas, 1997

Silly Guy's 1st Christmas, 2000
I love this ornament...so sweet!

Lily pug's 1st Christmas. Lily pug is no longer with us but
Sweet girl said as she pulled out this ornament,"Lily will always be
with us for Christmas." (sad)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails