I have to say not having such a full schedule has given me back the opportunity to cook yummy food (something other than crockpot)for my family again. I love to cook especially when I get to be a tad bit creative in the kitchen.
Ingredients for chicken marinade:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Tomato, Basil, Garlic seasoning
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 4 sundried tomato halves-chopped
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups sliced onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 lb chicken breast- sliced thin
- sub rolls
- 1/2 cup tomato basil pasta sauce
- provolone cheese
- First mix all of your ingredients for the marinade and pour into a ziploc bag. After cutting the chicken into thin slices and add to marinade. I would allow it to marinade for about 20-30 minutes.
- Once the chicken is marinaded take out of the bag and throw marinade away.
- Preheat a skillet over medium high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Cook the chicken until brown. Once the chicken is cooked remove and set aside.
- Coat pan again and add onion, fennel, and garlic; saute for about 4 minutes. Add the chicken and saute for about 3 more minutes or until vegetables begin to brown.
- Lay the rolls cut side up on a baking sheet and broil until toasted.
- Spooon chicken mixture into each roll and top each with 2 tablespoons of sauce.
- Cut provolone cheese in half and place on top of each sandwich.
- Arrange on baking sheet and broil until cheese melts.